Buying a home is like taking an airline flight across the country. When you start on your trip, you have no idea how the trip will go. Neither does the pilot. You could run into 88 different types of turbulence, or other passengers on the trip could pull stunts on you. Ideally, you should have a smooth flight and land on time. Certainly the pilot will try to use his or her experience to navigate around the storms and go for the smoothest flight plan, but if they’re honest, they can’t promise a turbulent-free trip. Their job is to get you to your destination in the least time and with the least aggravation, while keeping you informed throughout the trip.
Attached is a somewhat humorous list of the 88 different types of turbulence stunts we might run into. This list is not all encompassing, but it catches-most of the common issues we might run into. While some of the items are”picky” to some, they are very real and fearful to others. Please take a few minutes to review the list.
As your REALTOR, we see ourselves as the pilot of your plane. Our job is to assist you in getting your home purchased on time and with the few aggravations. We can’t promise you no turbulence, or that other parties to the transaction won’t try and pull a few stunts, but we can promise you that we will utilize our experience and expertise to take you on the smoothest flight that I can. And if we do hit turbulence, We won’t bail out on you. We’ll be your teammate throughout the flight, until we get you safely to your destination.
Rest assured your advocacy is my number one goal, and that means youmust be delighted with the product and service we deliver beyond your expectations during the process. As always, should you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call us.
Paul & Ginger Conti 408-691-7700 Your Real Estate Consultant For Life! Email:Homes@paulconti.com Web: TheContiTeam.com
P.S. By Referral Only means that I rely on your recommendations and endorsements to family members, friends and co-workers who are like you, and who would enjoy receiving the level of service we are providing you!
88 Possible Types Of Turbulence Or Stunts We Could Encounter…
- Does not tell the truth on the loan application.
- Submits incorrect information to the lender.
- Has recent late payments on credit report.
- Found out about additional debt after loan application.
- Borrower loses job.
- Co-borrower loses job.
- Income verification lower than what was stated on loan application.
- Overtime income not allowed by underwriter for qualifying.
- Applicant makes large purchase on credit before closing.
- Illness, injury, divorce or other financial setback during escrow.
- Lacks motivation.
- Gift donor changes mind.
- Cannot locate divorce decree.
- Cannot locate petition or discharge of bankruptcy.
- Cannot locate tax returns.
- Cannot locate bank statements.
- Difficulty in obtaining verification of rent.
- Interest rate increases and borrower no longer qualifies.
- Loan program changes with higher rates, points and fees.
- Child support not disclosed on application.
- Borrower is a foreign national.
- Bankruptcy within the last 2 years.
- Mortgage payment is double the previous housing payment.
- Borrower/co-borrower does not have steady 2-year employment history.
- Borrower brings in handwritten pay stubs.
- Borrower switches to job requiring probation period just before closing.
- Borrower switches to job from salary to 100% commission income.
- Borrower/co-borrower/seller dies.
- Family members or friends do not like the home buyer chooses.
- Buyer is too picky about property in price range they can afford.
- Buyer feels the house is misrepresented.
- Veterans DD214 form not available.
- Buyer has spent money needed for down payment and closing costs and comes up short at closing. 34,
- Buyer does not properly “paper trail” additional money that comes from gifts, loans, etc.
- Does not bring cashier’s check to title company for closing costs and down payment.
36. Loses motivation to sell (job transfer does not go through, reconciles marriage, etc.)
We ran out of space for the remaining 52. Give me a call and I will see you get them. Paul 408-691-7700
We hope we have given you a good birds eye view of the ups and downs. We have experience them all. The saying goes “There is profit with experience” What does this mean? Well if your wanting to hire a Realtor make sure the experience is there. Or it could cost you thousands.
If you want smooth sailing during your real estate transaction, and a pilot who can bring you in for a safe, smooth landing, trust…
Paul & Ginger Conti 408-691-7700